For years, the purpose of North Haven Church has been to invite people into a transforming relationship with Jesus Christ and to help them become His fully devoted followers.
Below, you can read more about our specific vision, summarized in one word: Connect.
To connect at a deeper level to Christ by intentionally pursuing a growing relationship with Him, to each other by purposefully building loving relationships, to our community by actively working together to introduce families to Christ.
We worship, pray, give—each member of NHC engages in spiritual disciplines for the sake of intentionally pursuing a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. We worship an infinite God, so there's always more to learn about him.
God didn't design us to live in isolation—we were made for each other! We place great value on building loving relationships with each other because, let's face it, life is just plain better when we can share the highs and lows with people who genuinely care about us.
Small groups, Sunday classes, and One-on-One Discipleship are just some of the opportunities we connect to each other.
Our world can often seem so hopeless, but Jesus Christ said that we can take heart because he has overcome the world!
We are passionate about introducing the hope of Christ to the families in our community. We strategically build relationships with local organizations, such as Richardson Elementary and the North St. Paul Area Food Shelf, in order to serve our neighbors in powerful ways.
We also utilize a strategy called Orange, which involves leveraging the resources of the home (red) and the church (yellow), to make a positive impact in people's lives.
These are the nine core values that drive our Connect vision.
- Bible-based: We want to know, understand, and live according to God's Word as revealed in the Bible.
- Prayer-empowered: We want to be a people empowered and directed by God through prayer.
- Worship-oriented: We want to experience transcendent worship in ways that enable our multigenerational congregation to know God better.
- Outreach-motivated: We want to be a people reaching out to invite others into a transforming relationship with Christ.
- Disciple-making: We want to help believers become fully-devoted followers of Christ who are magnifying Christ, ministering for Christ, and maturing in Christ.
- Gift-activated: We want to be a church that does ministry according to the spiritual gifts of the people.
- Grace-filled: We want to be an authentic, caring, loving church that encourages Christ-like living that is empowered by grace and protected by a non-condemning spirit.
- Racially-diverse: We want to be a church that reflects the growing racial diversity of our community.
- Family-building: We want to be a church that strengthens families.
You can click here to read our complete Statement of Faith.
We are committed to being a healthy church. The Leadership Communications Covenant provides guidance for how we choose to handle interpersonal issues.